About the Role:
The Assistant Underwriter (AU) will work within and support the medical malpractice underwriting function. The job will involve tasks to directly support the underwriting process for medical malpractice business including pre-quote, pre-bind, bind and post-bind transactions.
Essential job functions
- Support underwriters with all activities related to account development.
- Handle daily correspondence flows on med-mal programmes.
- Build files and ensure file integrity, including accurate filing on appropriate systems.
- Correspond with brokers; follow up on outstanding information.
- Liaise with senior underwriters queries and referrals.
- Liaise with Operations team on policy / premium queries.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous underwriting experience is essential.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proactive and able to work within a team environment.
- Strong competence in MS Office applications.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- European language skills preferred, but not essential.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.