Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is the key initial point of contact between PremFina and our insurance broker customers. Central to the role of Business Development Manager is customer relationship building. Essentially, to approach insurance brokers with the aim of winning new business, whilst maintaining and developing a commercial, fruitful relationship with our existing insurance broker customer base.
Head of Sales
London Office, and ‘on-the-road’ sales
PremFina is an insurance premium finance provider. The PremFina business is a new business and is looking to grow.
PremFina provide a loan management software platform and funding to insurance brokers and insurers, to allow the brokers and insurers to offer insurance premium finance to their customers. Insurance premium finance is a loan facility that allows customers to pay for their annual insurance premiums via monthly instalment payments.
About the Role
The PremFina team are looking to hire a Business Development Manager.
The role reports jointly to the Head of Sales. The role will work closely with the PremFina account management and customer service team. The role is predominantly sales based, however will also involve assisting with implementing the brokers onto the PremFina platform, through to successful Go-Live.
When the successful candidate commences with PremFina, an in-house training programme will be scheduled. A short induction course will introduce the Business Development Manager to the PremFina loan platform, company products and the sales administration procedures and processes.
Key Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Identifying and qualifying prospective insurance broker customers
• Will demonstrate a complete understanding of the PremFina sales strategy • Will work to an organised sales/meeting plan which will be recorded and will form part of the sales forecast
• Must understand the broker market and have existing relationships with brokers and broker networks
• Reporting and administrating the Sales pipeline
• Delivery of an accurate sales forecast which outlines all of the issues of the insurance brokers who are potential PremFina customers
Generating sales proposal documents and accurate costing models
• Lead the sales campaign and organise resources to conclude the sale
• Negotiating and closing sales in-line with the forecast
• We need a sales team to devise creative ‘out-of-the-box’ ideas and implement agreed strategies into the sales process
• Responsibility and accountability for meeting deadlines
• Representing PremFina at trade shows, events and demonstrations
• Account management through the PremFina platform implementation period with brokers, for a successful hand-over to the PremFina account management and customer services team once the broker achieves Go-Live • Assisting with completing quarterly reviews of brokers performance, as required Improves customer service quality
• Determining system improvement suggestions to enhance the PremFina offering
• Improve results by evaluating processes and recommending changes • Resolves product or service problems
Building and contributing to team environment at PremFina
• Show leadership qualities, positively influencing the team with your energetic and proactive attitude
• Adhering to Policies & Procedures
• Participating in regular team meetings and workshops, as required
• Develop best practices for leading successful sales campaigns
• Develop a repeatable sales model that ensures consistent success and revenue growth
• Advising on forthcoming events, product developments and discussing special promotions
• Providing internal assistance with new applications, implementation, procedures, systems and initiatives
Business Development Manager remuneration will consist of a basic salary along with a commission scheme. Mileage and expenses will be additional to basic salary package.
Ideally the successful applicant will possess the below skills and experience:
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, are essential
• Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders across all levels
• Previous experience working within premium finance, insurance or financial services, in a sales role
• High attention to detail and a keen emphasis on accuracy
• Ability to work to deadlines, along with the flexibility to manage changing priorities and the ability to multi-task
• Proven ability to sustain high level of performance under pressure and remain focused
• Proven skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• High level of initiative, along with a proactive nature
• Ability to self motivate, self manage and work both autonomously and as part of a team
• Degree qualified desirable, but not necessary
Key skills and competencies include;
Sales, Relationship Management, Customer Service, Profitability, Product Knowledge, Market Knowledge, Quality Focus, Resolving Conflict, Multi-tasking, Communication, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Prioritisation, Resilience, Achievement Drive, Developing Standards, Emphasizing Excellence, Tracking Budget Expenses.