A highly regarded Commercial Insurer are currently looking to appoint a Trading Underwriter to manage Broker relationships and drive growth through the acquisition of new Broker business across the Manchester area. The ideal candidate would be commercially aware and a self-motivated Underwriter with experience of property and liability risks.
- Support in the delivery of new business financial plan - including delivery of your personal new business GWP target
- Support in the delivery of existing business financial plan (including rate carry and retention)
- Underwrite in accordance with PUA and underwriting guidelines to meet required profit targets
- Deliver quality Broker service in line with Broker Segmentation service levels
- Develop effective working relationships with trading regions and underwriting centre to support in delivery of objectives
Our client provides a range of commercial insurances and have an excellent reputation throughout the UK. They have been in the business for over 100 years and focused on expansion so this is an excellent time to join their team. The company offer excellent benefits and training as well as great potential for career progression.
You must have previous experience underwriting commercial insurance risks, ideally with strong technical knowledge of property and liability cases. Trading skills and insurance qualifications (or progress towards) would be an advantage.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.