Senior Analyst, Risk & Insurance (Bermuda)
Aon Insurance Managers (AIM) is a leading professional services firm in Bermuda and manages approx. 170 re/insurance entities with a multidisciplinary team of over 50 professionals. AIM has three distinct practice groups – Captive Management, Commercial Re/insurance (including both life and non-life) and Insurance Linked Securities. AIM also manages White Rock Bermuda Ltd., a Segregated Accounts Company that offers fronting, retention cells, warehousing, market access and collateralized reinsurance solutions. We are seeking to employ a Senior Analyst in our Risk and Insurance Solutions team to work across all three practice groups.
This position reports to the Vice President of Insurance Solutions and the Risk Advisory Director and is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to have a unique role across all three practice groups; giving exposure to many different types of risk and insurance. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and energetic individual who has a successful track record of delivery of insurance and risk solutions. This person will be an organized risk and/or insurance professional possessing the ability to articulate risk strategies, technical insurance and claims issues and be able to lead specific projects to develop revenue growth and operational efficiencies.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
- Work directly with clients in relation to their insurance requirements. Typical responsibilities include presentations to clients on insurance programs, being single point of contact with clients for technical insurance matters and delivery of specific projects.
- Compile and analyze risk information, insurance language and programs, claims and premium data together with maintaining relationships with partner firms such as legal, broking and corporate secretarial.
- Prepare, analyze and report on inward and outward insurance/reinsurance documents and agreements.
• Perform a high-level claims operational role including investigation, negotiation, reporting and settlement, assisting colleagues and liaising with clients, adjusters and reinsurers on technical claims matters.
• Be responsible for the delivery of process improvement and growth initiatives to support the business; working with global offices in North America and Europe primarily.
• Work closely with our commercial team to develop, implement and enhance the Solvency II equivalent risk management frameworks for our commercial clients utilising our Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool.
• Support our commercial clients to prepare and file the annual Commercial Insurers Solvency Self-Assessment and Financial Condition Report with the BMA.
• Support new business activity particularly as it relates to insurance & potential consulting activities.
• Attendance and participation in client meetings; including assuming of director and/or officer roles.
• Lead, train and develop colleagues in order to meet client needs and maintain the necessary expertise.
• An internationally recognized insurance or risk designation with a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
• Successful track record of developing risk and insurance programs and structures for large national and multinational businesses including Fortune 500 companies.
• Sound technical knowledge of all major commercial classes of insurance and reinsurance including captive facilities.
• Ability to act as a relationship manager for a portfolio of clients entailing overall responsibility for the profitability of the accounts and leadership of Aon client teams.
• Ability to lead risk and insurance initiatives at a local and global level to increase the performance of the business.
• Ability to co-ordinate insurance and reinsurance claims for all insurance classes.
• An understanding of the Bermuda (or similar) regulatory environment.
• Excellent written, communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with senior executives of Fortune 500 companies.
• Ability to analyze and interpret insurance financial statements.
The Company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in finding out about this role contact Mark Knight – email@example.com