Senior Account Executives, Captive Insurance Management (Hamilton, Bermuda)
Aon Insurance Managers (AIM) is a leading professional services firm in Bermuda and manages approx. 170 re/insurance entities with a multidisciplinary team of over 50 professionals. AIM has three distinct practice groups – Captive Management, Commercial Re/insurance (including both life and non-life) and Insurance Linked Securities. AIM also manages White Rock Bermuda Ltd., a Segregated Accounts Company that offers fronting, retention cells, warehousing, market access and collateralized reinsurance solutions. We are seeking to employ Senior Account Executives.
The successful candidate(s) will report to a member of senior management and will be responsible for the financial and insurance reporting on a number of complex accounts, including capital market and commercial insurer transactions as needed, and adhering to tight deadlines, specifically:
• Preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP or IFRS, as well as the insurance regulatory environment.
• Preparation of periodic reports, detailed analyses and working paper files accompanying financial statements.
• Oversee annual audit and annual regulatory reporting.
• Organization of client meetings including presentation of financial results at director and shareholder meetings.
• Familiarity with US tax issues/implications.
• Participation in new business development and prospect meetings.
• Develop as part of the client service team additional services to existing clients.
• Maintenance and development of client relationships.
Additionally, the successful candidate(s) will provide accounting assistance on other major captive accounts, including responsibility for the accounting functions of a variety of capital market and commercial clients if required.
• An accounting designation (CA, CPA, ACA, ACCA).
• A minimum of two years of recent captive insurance experience in Bermuda or other prominent captive domicile. (through Big 4 public accounting firms or other captive management companies).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong financial reporting and analytical skills.
• Exceptional presentation skills.
• Strong familiarity with the US GAAP or IFRS as well as the insurance regulatory environment.
• Prior experience in employee supervision.
• Highly motivated and organized individual who is prepared to meet deadlines that may require time beyond normal business hours.
• Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Software, such as Excel and Word and familiarity with insurance based accounting systems.
• Familiarity with ILS, commercial and alternative insurance products would be advantageous.
• Ability to work independently and within a structured team environment.
The Company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Mark Knight – firstname.lastname@example.org