Assistant Vice President, Commercial Insurance - Captives (Bermuda)
About Aon Insurance Managers (Bermuda) Ltd.
Aon Insurance Managers (AIM) is a leading professional services firm in Bermuda and manages approx. 170 re/insurance entities with a multidisciplinary team of over 50 professionals. AIM has three distinct business units – Captive Management, Commercial Re/insurance (including both life and non-life) and Insurance Linked Securities. AIM also manages White Rock Bermuda Ltd., a Segregated Accounts Company that offers fronting, retention cells, warehousing, market access and collateralized reinsurance solutions.
About the Role
The Assistant Vice President will report to the Vice President of Commercial Insurance.
Key position responsibilities:
• Preparation and review of GAAP/IFRS financial statements.
• Overseeing audit and regulatory reporting including Bermuda Solvency Capital
requirements for commercial insurers.
• Technical and quality review of a small group of Account Executives.
• Participation in the training and development of new and existing staff members.
• Presentation of financial results at board and shareholder meetings.
• Familiar with US tax issues/implications.
• Participation in new business development and presentation of Aon capabilities at prospect meetings.
• Actively develop additional services to existing clients.
• Maintenance and development of client relationships.
• An accounting designation (CA, CPA, ACA).
• Highly experienced with life accounting and reporting – US GAAP/IFRS and BMA (Bermuda Monetary Authority) BSCR.
• A minimum of 5 years of recent experience managing Bermuda commercial insurers.
• Working knowledge of alternative insurance products including Segregated Account Companies, Rent a captives and Special Purpose Insurers.
• Experience with an insurance based accounting system.
• Strong financial reporting and analytical skills.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Prior work experience in supervision.
• Highly motivated individual with a strong work record of client service including commitment to meet tight deadlines which may involve working evenings and weekends.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong familiarity with Bermuda Insurance regulations.
• Ability to work independently and within a structured team environment.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and the benefits include health insurance, pension, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, savings plan, continuing education and professional development opportunities in a global organisation.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please contact Mark Knight – email@example.com