Deputy Head of Underwriting
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a global Insurer, for a Deputy Head of Underwriting position covering the North West of England.
A highly successful global Insurer in the heart of Manchester City Centre are looking to appoint a successful Deputy Head of Underwriting.
Covering the North West region, you will assist the Head of Underwriting to manage controls and processes, ensuring all business is written in accordance with the firms underwriting policy.
- Underwrite cases in accordance with the firms policy and own underwriting authority
- Assist Head of Underwriting with underwriting duties and training for the underwriting team
- Develop and maintain relationships with Brokers within the North West region, encouraging development of quality business
- Contribute to strategic planning of the branch area
- Control and monitor operational systems and processes in the North West region
What you'll need to be successful
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have significant experience working within a Senior Underwriting/Underwriting Manager position for a reputable Insurer. You will also have some experience of working within a supervisory role. Strong technical and leadership skills are required along with solid relationship building skills.
What's on offer
On offer is a competitive basic salary of up to £80,000 + benefits package.Clear career path towards head of underwriting.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.