InsurTech – Senior Product Owner (Personal Lines Insurance)
Choosing a different, more ‘consumer-centric’, approach to many competing InsurTechs, this dynamic firm empowers policyholders to receive a better response from carriers. With its consumers’ buying intentions more clearly stated, insurers now compete to offer more appropriate (and aggressively priced!) cover.
With a strong balance sheet, our client is trading to great success in other sectors such as Utilities and Telecoms. As such, the technology is already proven, its backers are happy to commit significant additional funding, and the management team is well-versed on the challenges yet to be faced – and how best to overcome them!
As Senior Product Owner you will be responsible for the scaling and growth of the insurance category within the business, as well as with external stakeholders such as partners and prospective customers. This will include the shaping and delivery of new GI products, starting with car insurance. For example, you will define the roadmap for existing partners, and with new markets around the world.
We are particularly keen to hear from commercially-astute insurance professionals who share this InsurTech’s entrepreneurial mindset. Taking a wider view of the marketplace, you will identify hitherto untapped opportunities, anticipate market trends, and design innovative new products to capitalise on these.
The ideal candidate will be able to tick many of the following ‘boxes’:
- Sound knowledge of the UK general insurance market.
- Enthusiasm for insurance, including sharing insight and trends.
- Spent the last few years owning the development of an insurance product.
- Have some experience within InsurTech / FinTech.
- Be able to analyse data and insight to predict market trends.
- A perspective on the maths, data science and modelling, coupled with insurer behaviour behind pricing & risk.
- Able to advise and direct the Board, including challenging senior colleagues in an appropriate fashion.
- Able to present and operate at a senior level with a range of stakeholders.
It is anticipated that this role will pay between £60K - £80K (plus contributory pension), although there is scope to pay right up to six figures for an outstanding candidate who can demonstrate adding significant value to the team. You will also receive 25 days’ holidays (plus stats) and an additional 2 extra ‘duvet days.’ As one would expect at an InsurTech, you will also benefit from a fantastic, collaborative environment, where the focus is on enjoying what you do and working to shared goals and objectives.
Aston Charles – a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance & Financial Services Recruitment
For more jobs like this, or for more information on how we may be able to help you in your search for a new job, please visit our website.
Apply for InsurTech – Senior Product Owner (Personal Lines Insurance)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly