A market leading insurance organisation who pride themselves on the service they deliver to their customers are looking to recruit an in-house Surveyor.
This is a unique opportunity to escape 'life on the road' and move into an in-house position, in addition there is the added flexibility for occasional working from home.
This is a company that nurture talent and enable their staff to work flexibly and autonomously and share success by rewarding great performance with an outstanding benefits and bonus package.
The role will be based around the scoping and cash settling of new building claims at point of notification by utilising video technology to enhance the customer journey. You will be responsible for the review and approval of variation orders, quantum and scope disputes on behalf of customers and ensure internal staff are up-skilled to support you in your efforts.
- Completion of video surveys with customers seeking cash settlement following notification of an escape of water claim Production of reinstatement schedule using scoping tool to calculate level of liability in order to negotiate settlement with customer
- Responsible for review and approval of variation orders, scope and quantum disputes
- Creates a climate where individuals and teams share skills and provide mutual support to encourage learning
- Actively creates development opportunities such as projects to develop people
- Translates a strategic vision and directives into tactical and local activities
- Understands and takes responsibility for the improvement of the system of work
- Deliver indemnity saving initiatives as determined by line management
- RICS, CIOB, DipSurv or equivalent essential
- Broad understanding of the principles of insurance - risk management and claims handling, compliance and regulatory issues, legislative influences, risk assessment, risk pricing and loss prevention techniques
- Fully conversant with the insurance reinstatement building and restoration industry including all relevant legal, health and safety and regulatory requirements
- Essential to have detailed understanding of the works processes and technical challenges of escape of water repairs and/or restoration
- Building regulations, H&S, asbestos and relevant regulatory requirements
- Experience at surveyor level within a buildings repair or restoration environment relevant to escape of water
- Excellent analytical skills from a technical, operational and financial perspective
- Continuous improvement, problem solving, root cause analysis and corrective action planning skills