Head of Sales
A market leading insurance organisation who pride themselves on the service they deliver to their customers are looking to recruit a Head of Broker to maximise revenue potential for their growing business within the personal lines space.
This is a company that nurture talent and enable their staff to work flexibly and autonomously and share success by rewarding great performance with an outstanding benefits and bonus package. This role is home based with 2-3 days in Birmingham each week.
You will be overseeing a department that is responsible for the generation of a third of the overall revenue for this large insurance business so it is a key hire for the business. The role is split between the management of key affinity relationships and the people management of 9 direct reports. That is why you will not only have the gravitas to work with C-suite level clients but also a real passion for the mentoring and development of a team of sales professionals.
- Contribute to achieve the Broker revenue and profit targets - using key performance indicators (KPIs), across the Broker product range
- Agree, document and implement the Broker strategy by creating and reviewing a strategic proposition and business plan
- Ensure each of your Account Managers has an account plan in place for their allocated portfolio to identify business opportunities, sales growth and to meet profit targets
- Support, motivate and develop each Development Manager by regularly reviewing performance against KPIs and objectives
- Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels
- Collaborate with the Team Development Manager to agree a programme of support and campaigns to deliver the Broker revenue and profit targets
- Ensure the collaborative working practice and relationships between the Development team and Telephone Account Managers
- Ensure all Insurance Development Managers activity is fully utilised and delivering high value added ratio of time / activity and that all activity is properly recorded on salesforce
- Continually to evaluate market trends and competition to identify business opportunities
- Effectively review the account panels allocated to the Development Managers in accordance with business opportunity considerations, making changes where appropriate
- Ensure all technological solutions for management information are fully utilised within the team as a basis for activity planning, recording and reviewing the effectiveness. Solutions to include salesforce, BI Portal and Touchstone
- Proactively work to provide sales, marketing and business development ideas/opportunities for each account acting as a Thought Leader in the Broker market
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all relevant products, propositions and legislative requirements, both current and in the future
- Ensure that appropriate governance is in place including appropriate controls on commissions, incentives and pricing
- Work with other group areas
Market and Proposition
Understand market conditions to maximise all profitable business opportunities. Understand our propositions and the fit in the Personal Lines Broker Market to maximise business opportunities.
Understand current legislative and regulatory regime, so that business is conducted is conducted within the legal framework protecting the corporate brand and values.
Improve knowledge of all direct reports; develop skills and shape behaviours, focused on corporate capabilities.
Deliver the sales target within the budget allocated.
In return you will be rewarded on ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you.
You will have access to a vast range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores as well as a 12% car allowance scheme.