Underwriter (High Net Worth)
This is an exciting opportunity for an established High Net Worth Underwriter to join our Art and Private Client team in London.
The role holder will deliver exceptional customer service acting as part of the underwriting team, supporting Ecclesiastical’s “right first time” approach to customer service.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new/existing business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual own work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical’s right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
- Act on individual audit results and agreed action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance.
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Identify complaints and act upon them in line with company policy.
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD).
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a High Net Worth insurance underwriting role
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent
- Qualified Cert CII or commitment to work towards within an agreed timescale
- Market, Industry and Company knowledge
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible in approach
- Appropriate IT skills
- Charitably owned – In 2014 we set ourselves a goal, to raise £50m for charity over 3 years. In March 2016 we reached that goal, almost a year ahead of schedule and committed to delivering a further £100m. We’re also the UK’s 4th largest corporate donor to charity according to the 2017/8 DSC Guide to Charitable Giving.
- Financially secure – ‘A rated’: S&P A- rated; AM Best A (Excellent).
- Strong presence in specialist markets – We insure over 40,000 not-for-profit organisations and charities in the UK, more Grade 1 listed buildings than any other insurer and we’ve been protecting communities for 130 years.
- Committed to customers – We’re regarded as the best in many of our core markets: brokers voted us best education, charity and commercial heritage.
- Professional – Our UK insurance business achieved Corporate Chartered status in 2013.
- Award-winning – We’ve been shortlisted for and have won prestigious insurance industry awards every year for the last ten years. We are consistently recognised as the Best Ethical Investment Provider and we achieved Business in the Community’s ‘Community Mark’ award for excellence in community investment.
- Community-focused – Our people are encouraged to take at least one day a year to help a charity of their choice, offering practical and professional support, as part of our MyGiving programme. .
- Ethical approach – Founded by Churchmen in 1887 to protect Anglican churches from fire, one of the first providers to establish a range of ethical investment funds.
- Expert – We are involved in the insurance of many World Heritage Sites in the UK and prestigious Stately Homes, reflecting our specialism in Heritage properties. We work closely with building restoration and preservation organisations that draw upon our expertise.
- Deep relationships – We work closely with specialist brokers and in partnership with key organisations such as Historic England and Heritage Alliance who support our customers and we have maintained strong links with the Anglican Church for 130 years.