Senior Claims Handler
Title: Senior Claims Handler
Reports to: Claims Manager
Based at: Romero House, 8 Airport West, Lancaster Way, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7ZA
To proactively manage an allocation of claims from notification to settlement and close of the file while keeping the client and internal stakeholders informed of progress and to act as a referral point/mentor for less experienced colleagues.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Handling of claims, related queries from and development of positive relationships with clients/insurers and loss adjustors.
- Provide suitable advice with regards to claims and treat customers fairly at all times having assessed their specific enquiry/notification.
- Handling an allocation of corporate clients and attend a small number of claim review visits as and when necessary.
- Deliver Claims Defensibility and other training to clients and their managers in person or via Webex
- Handling an allocation of large losses and technical referrals
- Provide claims reports to the Claims Manager as required
- Assist the Claims Manager with the development and coaching of staff
- Complete all administration and paperwork in accordance with company procedure and service standards and in line with claims protocols
- Building and maintaining effective professional relationships;
- Handling and responding to product queries from clients quickly, efficiently and accurately;
- Keeping abreast of market conditions and developments;
- Building up detailed knowledge about the company's products;
- Understanding and maintaining a good working knowledge of the rules and compliance procedures of the Financial Services Authority (FSA);
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in accordance with FSA rules and guidelines as issued by the company.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality of advice/claims handling.
- Compliance with Club Insure procedures.
- Compliance & Complaint procedure.
- Innovation/problem solving.
- Quality of Claim Files/Computer Records.
- Clarity of Paperwork/Completed Paperwork.
- Queries from Customers & Internal staff.
- Maintenance of Company Service Standards.