Accounts / Accountant
Up to c£35,000
About the Company:
A global Lloyds Broker providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
About the Role:
As an Accountant you will be a pro-active, results led individual who is able to balance multiple deliverables whilst satisfying a strict control environment by retaining the highest standards of governance.
The team supports numerous countries across Europe and forms part of the controllership function that are responsible for ensuring accounting is in adherence to organisation policies, procedures and SOX requirements. The department is supported by an offshore transactional processing team and an onshore team. The teams are functionally aligned as follows: Fixed Assets & Expenses, Revenue & Foreign Exchange, Intercompany & Consolidation, Bank reconciliation, Procure to Pay and Cash Control.
About the Department:
This role sits within the sub-ledger team who are responsible for Accounts payable and Accounts receivable activities. Specific responsibility will be for the Corporate debtors accounts, including liaising with the business to follow up outstanding debt, investigating open bank receipts, balance sheet reconciliations, co-ordinating the period close process, bad debt calculation and reporting.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Production & control review of all balance sheet reconciliations within functional team remit
- Exception reporting and perform checks prior to issuing
- Ensure timely investigation and resolution of any exception items and bank listing
- Ensure all month-end and quarter-end deliverables are met
- Communicate regularly with offshore counterpart
- Play a lead role in the continuous improvement of business processes
- Record and monitor new tasks through change control process
- Attend meetings with managers, colleagues and clients as required.
- Assist with other ad-hoc tasks, projects and initiatives as required.
- Assist auditors and SOX testers.
- Assist with current and future accounting operation transitions
- Preparation and review of bad debt calculation
- Accounts receivable to GL reconciliation and review
- Timely approval of invoices
- Develop, maintain and improve KPI's
- Exposure and assistance with AP related activities as necessary
Essential Experience / Knowledge
- Advanced skills in Excel - V lookups, pivots
- Flexible and team player - develops close partnerships with onshore and offshore colleagues
- Previous proven ability to identify areas to improve efficiency, accuracy and analysis and suggest and implement process improvements.
Desired Experience / Knowledge
- An understanding of credit control
- Insurance industry experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.