Commercial Underwriting Manager
Currently a Senior Underwriter or Underwriting Team Leader but not sure where your next step takes you?
It is with great excitement to announce a leading, composite UK Insurer are creating a new SME team in Ipswich and have an opportunity available to join the business as an Underwriting Manager.
As a Senior Manager you will lead, coach and manage the operational underwriting function in the SME trading team, applying underwriting and pricing strategy and policies to build technical excellence.
Your new role:
- You will influence and implement underwriting philosophy across the SME division, holding full authority to make decisions and to build your team
- As Underwriting Manager you will lead underwriting relationships with key customers to deliver profitable growth. These relationships will go from strength to strength as you attend meetings and deliver results
- You will coach, train and develop your team of Underwriters to continually improve their technical and trading ability
Your new salary/package:
- For your hard-work and dedication to your role, you will be rewarded with a basic salary of up to £65,000 dependent upon experience. You will also profit from a market leading benefits package, designed to attract and retain the best talent
- To be considered you should have an experienced background in commercial underwriting and have existing relationships with a panel of UK Brokers
- You must have a background in coaching, development and management, ideally working for a general Insurer
- Insurance qualifications would be beneficial for this post
This is a genuine opportunity to carve out a career with one of most established UK Insurers, working for a business that has a fantastic reputation in the market.