Sportscover is a world leading sports and leisure specialist.
We believe that it is our passion together with our focus on providing excellent customer service that has enabled Sportscover to grow to become the force in the industry that it is today!
By joining Sportscover you will play an integral part in the continued growth and development of the company through your underwriting of individual risks and broker management.
Main Focus and Challenges:
The main challenge and focus of this role is to balance the opportunity to grow and develop the business with maintaining a profitable renewal portfolio in line with department budget.
1 Responsible for assessing and undertaking calculation of quotes on new business and renewals within your granted authority level.
2 Awareness and compliance with insurance related legislation
3 Responsible for coordinating and arranging risk management of new or renewal policies including:
a) Liaising with appropriate broker
b) Monitoring completion of risk assessment
c) Ensuring recommendations are relayed to underwriter and included in the file
4 Punctually and regularly attend meetings and training as required, including:-
a) Peer Review;
b) Underwriting Performance; c) Sales & Strategy;
c) Lines of business training.
5 Accurate and professional preparation and delivery of reports and power point presentations as required
6 Participation in Trade Expos and Broker/Client related events when required.
7 Maintain regular broker visitation appropriate for assigned brokers including UK travel.
8 Binding cover and issuance of confirmation to brokers.
9 Responsible for identifying new business opportunities and if necessary in conjunction with senior underwriters, visit potential brokers and ascertain their insurance needs.
10 When meeting with brokers and potential brokers, seek to understand their business and identify potential opportunities for Sportscover to provide additional services.
11 Accountable for maintaining a database of broker contacts, visits and note records, including a system of follow up
12 Assisting other departments of the business where required, including Finance team with premium collection and reconciliation.
13 Providing mentoring and training for junior members of the Underwriting team where required
14 Other duties as required
The Person (about the ideal candidate)
1. A minimum of 5 years’ previous insurance industry underwriting experience
2. Strong relationship management, communication and negotiation skills.
3. Excellent organisational skills and experience of managing multiple cases simultaneously.
4. Be self-motivated, a good team player and the ability to use own initiative.
5. Have a good understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements and principles in
the insurance environment.
6. Have experience in property and liability lines of business. Ideally this would include
7. Must be able to work flexible hours to meet business requirements
8. Computer literate, including working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook with the ability
to learn new software quickly.
9. Must have or be working towards Cii professional qualification.
10. Numerically literate and be able to draw logical conclusion when discussing data.
11. An interest in Sport
Apply for Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly