Senior Commercial Underwriter
It is with great excitement to announce a leading, composite UK Insurer are creating a new SME team in Ipswich and have an opportunity available to join the business as a Senior Underwriter.
A natural 'go to' person on the SME insurance team in Ipswich, your aim would be to deliver planned underwriting result for designated accounts through proactive account review, analysis of underwriting trends. You will be an expert in a broad range of SME insurance products and be given the opportunity to pass on your knowledge to Junior Underwriters on your team.
Your new role:
- As a key member of the team, you will underwrite existing SME business to the best of your ability, abiding to underwriting practices and governance framework
- You will have an opportunity to build credible relationships with Brokers and customers, using effective questioning to understand all aspects of importance to both Broker and customer
- You will coach, train and develop Underwriters to continually improve their technical and trading ability
Your new salary/package:
- For your hard-work and dedication to your role, you will be rewarded with a basic salary of up to £35,000 dependent upon experience. You will also profit from a market leading benefits package, designed to attract and retain the best talent.
- To be considered you should have an experienced background in commercial underwriting and have existing relationships with a panel of UK Brokers
- You must be an efficient, career focused Insurance professional who is looking for a bigger challenge
- Insurance qualifications would be beneficial for this post
This is a genuine opportunity to carve out a career with one of most established UK Insurers, working for a business that has a fantastic reputation in the market.