Motor Engineer (Desktop)
Your role will be to ensure that modern day motor vehicles, which are subject to a motor accident claim, are repaired to their pre-accident condition by using the most appropriate repair methods at the correct cost, or correctly valuing and categorising vehicles if they are deemed beyond economical repair.
You will have/be:
- In depth knowledge of modern day motor vehicle repair, methodology and complexity and modern private and commercial body repair markets
- Able to Negotiate and agree correct repair methodology ensuring costs are accurate.
- You will liaise directly with customers, both internal and external, to ensure claims are fulfilled in line with the demands of each customer.
- Negotiate total loss settlements with policyholders and third party customers
- Work to agreed timescales and business parameters.
- You will have a deep understanding of the new ABI vehicle salvage categorisation Code of Practice.
- Self-motivated and capable of working on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to make independent decisions
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Accredited to ATA standards of work, or working towards accreditation.
- Experienced in vehicle construction and repair techniques
- An understanding of Bodily Injury and Liability claims
- Competent understanding of insurance principals
- Competent in the use of repair Estimating Systems (Audatex)
- Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors Corporate membership
- Corporate Membership of the Institute of the Motor Industry desired but not essential.
- Technical qualifications include serving a recognised motor trade apprenticeship and gaining C&G or NVQ level 3 in automotive engineering.
- ATA VDA Accreditation.