Building Surveyor - Property Insurance Claims
5 days left
- Full Time
In line with our ongoing expansion the Service Solutions Group are looking to recruit Property Insurance Claims Surveyor’s based in and around London.
The role will include:
- Attending policyholder's properties that have been damaged as a result of an insurance claim
- Surveying and assessing the cause of damage and producing reports for client review
- Managing jobs up to £250K (with a strong support function)
- Creating schedules of work for insurer approval and in accordance with insurance principles
- Liaising directly with Loss Adjusters, Claims Handlers, Clients and Policyholders
- Working with and managing a sub-contractor supply chain throughout each project through to customer satisfaction
You will be assisted by a designated claims handler to work along side you and as a team you will be responsible for all elements your claims from scoping through to sign off.
The role will be field based although occasional visits to our HQ in Preston will be required. The position would suit someone with experience of scoping insurance related building works and management of contractors along with a good understanding of the insurance industry.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate previous experience in the managing of property insurance claims or building estimating along with contractor management as these are essential for the role.
- Creation of schedule of reinstatement works associated with the insured peril (using our scoping platform Symbility)
- Managing contractors on site, along with customer expectations
- Ensuring projects are completed as per the schedule of works and in a timely manner
- Leasing with appointed Loss Adjusters and claims handlers throughout the claim
You will need to have:
- Good organisational skills and understanding of MS Office
- A strong focus on customer service
- Have Knowledge and experience of all insurance related perils such as fire, flood, escape of water and storm etc…
- Working as Building Surveyor
- Sound knowledge of building technology and the building industry
- Contractor Management
- Small work Management
- Knowledge of property insurance claims
- Experience of preparing specifications, scopes of work and contract documents
We are a progressive business with established credentials and can offer both rewarding employment opportunities and flexible working options if required.
Apply for Building Surveyor - Property Insurance Claims
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly