We are supporting an innovative provider of home emergency insurance products in their search for a Product Underwriting Manager to support in taking the business to the next level.
They have a highly entrepreneurial culture and as a result the business has grown rapidly through direct to consumer sales and is now entering a new phase of development through online servicing, sales and developing technology driven solutions across a variety of product lines.
This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer. This is a key role accountable for identifying market opportunities, designing compelling products and for driving underwriting performance on and off line.
Use of technology and data sources to enhance the users experience and product performance are fundamental to success in this role.
The aim of the role is to maximise customer product experience whilst delivering and protecting financial performance.
A unique role, it incorporates elements of underwriting, product development and pricing within the home emergency industry and offers the opportunity for long term development.
You will be required to: -
- Deliver product and underwriting strategy through digital channels
- Drive new business sales and conversion rates
- Develop risk management frameworks/models and identify and help manage key risks
- Assess risk and pricing to ensure premiums are competitive and in line with business strategy
- Ensure underwriting policies, procedures and guidelines are in line with company's and regulatory compliance
- Ensure relevant reporting and analysis is in place for monitoring the underwriting result
- Write policy wordings, letters, and general information
- Train and coach of customer facing staff
Skills and Experience
- You will have the ability to build very effective underwriting decisions into a digital environment
- Use new and innovative ways of assessing risks on-line
- You will need excellent written communication skills that avoid jargon and use plain English
- You will have experience in working in an online environment to deliver excellent customer journeys
- You will challenge the status quo of the home emergency industry and will be looking for an opportunity to do something different with autonomy
- Experience in using external data sources to enhance decision making
- You will push the boundaries but be aware of commercial profitability in relation to pricing
- Energetic, keen to make their mark and analytical
Essential knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Home emergency or boiler insurance underwriting experience desirable
- B2C customer facing experience
- Experience of working autonomously and proactively
- Appreciation of technology and how it can be exploited to trade business more effectively