IDEX has been exclusively retained by a well-established independent Broker in East Sussex. Due to expansion they are seeking an Account Executive to join their close-knit team and spearhead new business for them in East Sussex, Kent and beyond.
· The current portfolio is made up of a range of commercial insurance risks including Property Owners, Commercial Combined, Motor Fleet, Motor Trade, Contractors and HNW
· They wish to build on these areas and also expand in other areas such as charities, care homes, PI and Marine
· Broadly speaking their appetite in terms of premium size is from £1k to £200k
· They utilise both the composite and Lloyd's markets
· Networking is very much encouraged - the team regularly attends breakfast seminars and Chamber of Commerce events etc.
- The main purpose of the role will be developing business with new clients through prospecting and networking etc.
- There will potentially be some existing accounts to take over and grow through cross-sales
- Liaising with the established Insurer partners in order to find the best quote for the client and place accordingly
- Once the clients have been secured, The Account Executive would service them
- There is potential flexibility to work from home - 1/2 days in the office 3/4 days out prospecting clients
Our client is looking for individuals with the following qualities and experience:
- Driven and hungry
- Cross-class commercial knowledge, but they would also consider specialists in certain areas such as Property Owners, who would be willing to diversify
- Independent and who can work autonomously
- Trustworthy, confident and communicative
- Proven experience in new business whether as an Account Handler or Account Executive
- Professional image and demeaner in front of clients
- The ideal candidate would be able to bring a substantial number of contacts and potential clients with them as well as creative ideas to help take the business to the next level
- Confident in covering their salary in year one i.e. if someone wants a £40k basic, they need to produce a minimum of £40k income in year one (and ideally more to cover other costs)
In return they offer a relaxed, friendly and collaborative environment, support with CII exams, use of a pool car, PMI after 6 months' employment and pension etc. Please get in touch to find out more!