Commercial Underwriter City to £35,000
Well established Underwriting Agency that specialises in the e-trade of SME commercial package, commercial & contractors combined and personal lines insurances, distributed via it's agency network of UK retail insurance brokers.
To provide efficient, timely and professional support to brokers for new business, renewal, mid-term adjustment and general enquiries.
To achieve income and profit objectives by analysing insurance proposals, determine policy terms and calculate premiums in line with authority levels.
Demonstrating your contribution to loss ratio control by effectively adhering to Company's underwriting controls
Meeting and where possible, exceeding brokers service levels and expectations.
- Support wider 'Team Leader' team and provide effective management to the business in the event of absence.
- Identifying poorly performing accounts and investigating reasons for lack of retention and poor conversion. Identifies cover and hazards that will impact on the acceptance, pricing or terms applicable to a risk.
- Ongoing monitoring and delivery of team targets, taking action where necessary to ensure business achieves its objectives.
- Understands the impact of claims and risk management on the performance of a case and demonstrates an ability to underwrite taking these factors into account.
- Management and underwriting of new business enquiries and renewals.
- The management, identification and acquisition of profitable business.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key trading partners to maximize influence.
- Support the development and operation of sales campaigns to drive the acquisition of profitable business.
- Act as a point of technical referral to provide support and assistance to Underwriting Teams
Experience within the Commercial Package SME area is essential.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Commercial Underwriter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly