Policy Adviser, Conduct Regulation (General Insurance)
Looking to influence what regulation looks like for UK insurers?
We’re looking for Policy Adviser, Conduction Regulation to influence General Insurance policy change that will shape UK and international conduct regulation of the insurance industry. You’ll genuinely make a difference and tangibly see how you guide and effect policy across a huge section of the industry.
Right now, some of your key priorities will be the Insurance Distribution Directive, and engaging with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on General Insurance Pricing, the Senior Managers and Certification Regime and the Wholesale Market Review.
At the heart of your role will be building positive, trusted relationships with a wide network. This includes our member companies, UK and EU regulators, Government, other trade associations and consumer organisations.
Day-to-day you will:
- Formulate and communicate persuasive policy positions, supported by robust evidence, that promotes the interests of insurers in relation to conduct regulation issues.
- Lead and contribute to policy development work with members, including providing proactive and efficient secretariat to working groups/committees and seeking input from across the industry.
- Monitor the development of FCA initiatives in co-ordination with colleagues across the ABI.
- Have responsibility for the ABI’s approach to specific FCA and Government policy projects.
- Work in partnership with the European and International Affairs Team to influence the development and implementation of outstanding EU regulatory initiatives and the post Brexit regulatory landscape.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Policy Directorate to develop the ABI’s policies and member offer on insurance distribution issues with a regulatory dimension.
The role is based at the ABI, located in the City of London. However, some travel both within the UK and Europe may be required.
We’re looking for:
You’ll be comfortable handling various member priorities and chairing meetings with your various stakeholders. An engaging, persuasive and friendly communication style will stand you in good stead, both with your stakeholders and colleagues. Alongside this, you’ll also need excellent analytical skills and be able to digest complex policy information quickly and make it accessible for others.
We’re equally open to an assistant looking to step up as we are to a more experience adviser but an understanding of the General Insurance market, familiarity with the FCA and how it’s structured are vital. Ideally, you’ll also have a good insight into how European structures work.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter, outlining your salary expectations and why you are interested the role. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5pm, Tuesday 19 December 2017
The ABI is the voice of the UK’s world leading insurance and long-term savings industry. A productive, inclusive and thriving sector, we are an industry that provides peace of mind to households and businesses across the UK and powers the growth of local and regional economies by enabling trade, risk taking, investment and innovation.
If you would like to know more about the ABI and the work we do please visit www.abi.org.uk You can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram too.