Senior Insurance Manager - Rated Re (Guernsey)
Aon Insurance Managers (Guernsey) Limited (Aon) is the largest European manager of insurance companies and other insurance related vehicles. That portfolio includes two rated commercial reinsurance vehicles, incorporated in 2014 and 2015, igniting unprecedented growth in a new and evolving area of the insurance industry.
Aon is recruiting a Senior Underwriter to work as part of a dedicated team who are responsible for the day to day management of one of the rated commercial reinsurance vehicles. The successful candidate will be part of an innovative team with a diverse set of responsibilities as would be expected of someone in a senior role.
This role will provide the candidate with an exciting opportunity to be exposed to many aspects of running a rated commercial reinsurance vehicle, surrounded by talented colleagues.
This senior position has overall responsibility for the underwriting and reporting activity of the reinsurance vehicle involving regular interaction with various stakeholders including:
Guernsey Financial Services Commission, Business Originators, (Re)insurance Companies, Brokers (inwards and outwards), Reserving Actuaries, Rating Agencies, Auditors, Shareholders and Board members
• Take ownership of all insurance related matters. Manage the renewals process and report to the Board and other parties as required.
• Present succinct underwriting summaries to the Board.
• Ensure underwriting contracts are administered and recorded accurately, and on time.
• Assess risks that are received and underwrite using judgement and experience and in compliance with underwriting guidelines.
• Co-ordinate and lead Underwriting Committee and Claims and Reserving Committee.
• Act as a member of the Underwriting Committee and Claims and Reserving Committee.
• Design, negotiate and execute Retrocession Programme.
• Liaise with modelling/actuarial team to help design and produce BCAR, ELT’s, loss scenario testing and claims analysis.
• Ensure robust processes and procedures are in place for accurate recording of data.
• Liaise with the rating agency as directed by the Board of Directors.
• Maintain awareness of industry developments and how this impacts the business. Make recommendations to the Board.
• Actively assist in the development and ongoing training of junior members of the team.
• Assist in the development of underwriting administration systems.
The candidate should hold an ACII qualification and have at least ten years’ general insurance experience.
You will have a diverse experience of insurance company management and a track record of delivering service excellence.
Previous experience within the captive insurance industry would be beneficial.
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact with both colleagues and third parties.
• Be self-motivated and possess strong leadership skills.
• Possess good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade effectively.
• Possess excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
• Translate business strategies into operational plans.
• A natural thirst for development of yourself and your team members.
Please send your CV or enquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org